Support Us > Volunteer / Career
Be A Volunteer
Hospis Malaysia is actively recruiting volunteers to help us provide a better and efficient service. Each volunteer plays an important role in our team. Prior to their committing to our team, volunteers will receive training and ongoing support from Hospis Malaysia.
We are always looking for inspirational volunteers to help spread palliative care and hospice information. If you are interested to join as a volunteer, you are free to choose the area to which you wish to be assigned. We also accept volunteer writers, photographers, designers, and many more.
- Individuals aged 18 years old or above.
- Individuals with strong integrity, are able to commit, and respect confidentiality.
- Individuals with outstanding people skills—polite, gentle, and kind.
- Individuals who can easily adapt to situations and are flexible enough to provide assistance whenever required.
- Support our weekly Day Care activities for patients coping with life-limiting illnesses.
- Provide transportation for Day Care activities and other outings.
- Manage standard clerical and administrative functions.
- Assist public relation activities such as fundraising events and spreading palliative care awareness.
- Provide other administrative support whenever required.
- complete a screening questionnaire and interview with Hospis Malaysia;
- complete a basic training course to initiate volunteers into Hospis Malaysia.
Join us today and make a change.
Download the Volunteer Form and fax to us at +603-9133 3941 or e-mail us.
Hospis Malaysia is always on the lookout for motivated professionals who are interested in developing a career in the field of Palliative Care to join us in the following positions. An attractive remuneration package, which will commensurate with experience, awaits the right candidates.
Candidates for the medical positions must be registered with the appropriate professional bodies. Experience in oncology or palliative care will be an advantage.
Our ideal nurse will be knowledgeable, skilled and compassionate whilst having good communication skills. Having your own transportation is a requirement.
Candidate must possess at least STPM or equivalent with a minimum 2 years of relevant working experience. Good command of written and oral English and Bahasa Malaysia is a pre requisite.
If you would like to develop a rewarding, long-term career with Hospis Malaysia, please email or write to us with a detailed resume or call us at +603-9133 3936 (for enquiries only).