Date: 8 – 9 July 2023 (Sat and Sun)
As healthcare professionals, many of us may work with patients with life threatening illness. This requires a holistic approach that allows us to understand their illness experience, support decision-making and facilitate conversations around goals of care and end of life issues. How we communicate influences patients’ and families’ healthcare outcomes and is part of the therapeutic process. This workshop will focus on communication skills and providing psychological support to patients and families. It will also help us talk about end-of-life issues and build our own resilience.
During the 2-days workshop you will have the opportunity to study:
• Why communication is important in palliative care?
• What good communication in end-of-life care can look like?
• What the barriers to good communication can be?
• A systems-based model to facilitate thinking and communication when working with patients and/ or families.
• The continual opportunity to apply what you are learning to your own work context. Specifically holding family conferences, communicating prognosis, and goals of care discussions.
By the end of the 2-day workshop you should be confident enough to:
• hold a sensitive clear conversation involving end of life issues.
• involve different parts of the system around the patient in good communication.
• employ selfcare strategies to promote your own levels of resilience and wellbeing.
Profile of Facilitator:
Dr Becky Coles-Gale
Principal Clinical Psychologist at Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation Trust. She is a clinical and health psychologist with a specialist interest working in critical care, major trauma, psycho-oncology, palliative care.
|Registration Fees||Normal||International||APHN Members|
|Doctors||RM300||USD100||RM230 / USD75|
|Nurses / Allied Healthcare Professional||RM250||USD80||RM180/USD60|
Method of Payment:
- Cheque/postal order/money order/government local order payable to “Hospis Malaysia”.
- Direct remittance to “Hospis Malaysia” to Maybank Account No: 5141 3212 1211, Cheras Branch, Taman Midah. Kindly email the bank slip to email@example.com for our tracking purpose.
- Overseas Telegraphic Transfer(TT) to “Hospis Malaysia” (Maybank Account No: 5141 3212 1211, Cheras Branch, Taman Midah). Swift Code: MBBEMYKL
For further information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.